Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
As much as I like MCB, I wouldn't use Fox Red with it; I'd recommend either black or silver in that case. And I personally think a color like IB is too flashy and sporty to have a more "luxury" color like brown on the interior, so out of the 3 options you presented I voted for SG/RB. JB or JzB would also look fantastic with RB if you were ok maintaining a black car.

If you're worried about resale value, I think RB would be a much safer bet. Brown is a more popular interior color, and MCB is an awfully bright blue that some people might not like; I personally preferred LMB since I like that deeper royal blue. As far as repairs, on the other hand, I think MCB would actually be far easier to get replacement paint for than getting replacement RB parts. MCB is still an official BMW paint with an official paint code that can therefore be matched by body shops, whereas I don't think there are "dye codes" for leather, in which case if you did need brand new upholstery you'd have to go through BMW Individual for spare parts, which could be tricky. I could be wrong about not having dye codes though.

Good luck!

UPDATE: Found some great shots of MCB with LMB: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...56&postcount=1
I agree, he has to see Fox Red in person to appreciate it. Pictures do the Red Fox no justice at all I find ...

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0