08-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #19
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I’d spend the money on the car I drive instead of the one I don’t drive, but that’s me. I want a 991.1TT PDK so I can drive it all the time including in heavy traffic (not that there’s much of it in NH) and in winter in snow. Then I can park my beat up manual turbo 99M3 and maybe turn my manual 08M3 into a track car, but will sell both if I just end up driving them occasionally.
Money still goes into the M3

I will say that I sometimes wish I had an auto/DSG/notevengoingtoputPDKherebecauseIcan'taffordit. It is a downfall because she can't/won't drive the three pedals, so she's stuck with the Jeep exclusively. I just don't know what I would want to drive that comes in an auto unless I just said screw it and went the route of getting a super reliable Honda Accord or similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm daily driving a 2000 civic that gets 28mpg and i can drive the m3 on some days.

The compromise is working for now since it's just driving and I can mix it up. Maybe that's an option?

I've contemplated the s2000 and newer miatas, but nothing compares to the m3 and that's what makes it difficult. I can't justify spending a lot on gas either so beater civic it is.
Maybe it is the right option. My heart wants something fun, but my brain says no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Say no to VW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Go test drive them!
I'm at the list compiling stage right now. Then it will be a "fun" day at the dealerships!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
I had a FiST, they are a blast. My vote goes for the FiST..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaseric View Post
I like the FiST and Focus ST as well. Low cost of entry and both are a lot of fun.
Great idea on the Fiesta ST. I completely forgot about those things. They can be had hardly used well within budget, and I see some incentives on brand new that isn't far off. Heck, my local Ford dealership has $7k off MSRP their entire Focus ST inventory before you even get into negotiations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSurratt2005 View Post
My M3 is a garage queen but I drive her most every day I'm not working. My daily is a 2017 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. This car is great. I dont have navigation or the sunroof package and I was able to get one new for $21500 with a bunch of rebates that were available. I did have to install a rear sway bar because the rear end liked to jiggle on certain highway roads. Other than that I've been very happy with her. Great warranty and the build quality of Hyundai cars has gone way way up.
I'll have to give the Hyundais another run. My friend has a 2011-ish Sonata that I remember not being a pleasant place to be riding shotgun

Keep the suggestions coming! What are people's thoughts on a lease for someone that puts a decent amount of miles on a year? I'd say just to commute back and forth from work with a random trip thrown in infrequently I'd be seeing 18-20k miles a year.
Appreciate 0