Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2017 Camaro ZL1  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebmwM3 View Post
Thank you to everyone working on this project and for all of the great advice. Got CIC mostly installed with some cuts on my hands as souvenirs. Still need to do some coding and adapting to loop out HD Radio. Backup camera arrived yesterday and still awaiting OEM Mic splitter (thanks to 2009550imsport) and Mr12volt unit. Does anyone think that Mr12volt will be able to detect the old ccc setup? What coding system do you folks use.
The retrofit looks good! From the photos, I can't tell whether you installed a CIC controller or still have the original CCC controller knob. I recently retrofitted CIC from CCC in my e60 M5 so I can add Carplay. Even though the CIC was working well with the old CCC controller, the Mr12Volt unit would not recognize its signals so I was unable to control it within Carplay. This is even after I modified the cable harness for Mr12Volt and switched over the 4 wires for the idrive controller from the 8 pin connector to the 4 pin connector needed to supply power and canbus to the Mr12Volt and then back into the 8 pin connector to my CCC idrive controlller. I ended up buying a CIC idrive controller and modified my center console to get it to work (since the center console with the CIC cutout was never available for my wood trim). For the e92, it should be much easier to procure a center console so just make sure you have the newer CIC controller knob and buttons before your Mr12Volt Carplay install. Good luck!
Yes, I installed the iDrive multifunction controller back in 2009. I imagine it's good since it's working with the CIC system so far. Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0