Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Hey everybody,

Quick update :

it has been almost 4 months since my divorce. My X bought the house from me very low price. I knew I was losing tons of money but I wanted my daughter to live at the same place when she was with her mother.

I have been giving her 4K a month and she is enjoying every penny of it: Taking vacations with her new boyfriend, spending more time at the malls than at home...

But at the end, I am a lot happier than I have every been in the last 15 years yes, I had to change my life style because of losing decent part of my income and not buy certain things that otherwise I would have bought. But it is all worth it.

So this is my advice to those whose marriage has no chance to get better : GET OUT OF IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN. THE SOONER THE BETTER!!!!

Good luck all...
Good to hear OP that makes me sick seeing $4k just gone but glad you are happy! I just started talking with a lawyer about divorce and it is damn rough. I was about to file and my wife broke down an said she would change and do a ton of things different that bugged me so right now we are giving it a month to see what happens.

I guess I would be in better shape then you right now (only married 3 years) so there is only about a 10% chance she would get alimony and she was dead set on having us sell the house (even though after everything is said an done we would probably be negative when the house was sold) and she would try taking the dog. I dont know, I couldnt follow through with it but so far so good. Glad you are happy!

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0