View Single Post
      06-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #12
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB View Post
This is not the result I have seen. I have not used them, but they will be my next tire (when I run through the sets of NT01s that I already own). I have been with a friend of mine who has both (square 265 RE71Rs and square 275 NT01s) and has run them back to back over multiple events, changing tires between sessions. He is consistently 2 seconds per lap faster on the RE71Rs. And not for one lap...for entire sessions (25-30 min sessions). I was rooting for the NT01s (especially since I own them) but the result is clear to me.

Have the people discounting the RE71Rs (or saying they fall off quick, are good only for one lap, etc) used them back to back with NT01s to provide a direct comparison in the same way I described above?
I ran them back to back same car. Re71 is FASTER not just by emperical evidence (data) but also by feel. Now all my track buddies run RE71 and the wear is not significantly more or less than say an RA1 or Nitto.

That said, I would never purchause Nitto again. Reason was lasting heat cycle, ability to rotate, run to the cord, decent wear. RE71 does all of that with much grip and better manners on the track.

Lutfy
Appreciate 2
///Mobbin1478.00