06-17-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY-5 View Post
I have had good experiences with route66, can be bought from your credit union. Had it on my 07 335i and they paid out close to $10K to replace turbos and misc stuff. I now have a 2011 E90 M3 and have route66. Haven't had to use it yet, knock on wood.
I paid $1700 for 3yrs 36K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusiveM3 View Post
I agree with this post. I have had Route66 on my 2011 335i and my wife's 2012 X5. I have a BMW extended warranty on my M3 that came with the purchase. However, after this lapses, I will move to Route66 again. Great coverage and pretty easy claims process.
I've heard great thing about Route 66 as well - I'd have gone through them for my X5 but they stopped writing those a few years back. I went with CNA (for my X5, no warranty on my M3) and they've been very good, the warranty has already paid for itself.

I would just reiterate that it's not just the company you choose, but the specific warranty. I know Route 66, and probably most warranty companies, have both exclusionary & inclusionary warranties. A member on the X5 boards purchased a Route 66 inclusionary warranty and it excluded coverage on a number of needed repairs. Get an exclusionary if you want the highest level of coverage possible.
Appreciate 0