Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
I have about 60000 miles on my 08 and bought I brand new, this is what I repaired since I got it:

replaced all of the ignition coils, I had problems whit 6 of them in different periods and the last time they replaced the faulty one and the two remaining. (this problems came after about 30000 miles
replaced seat belt helpers twice
Replace the steringwheel plastic twice, (the plastic/rubber layer gets scratched very easy and I m going to get it replaced for the third time soon...
Replaced the Idrive joystick after the inner ring just broke one morning going to work, you could just lift the thing right up
And this week I had to replace the steering column after the CAS unit was malfunctioned .
Almost forgot, I needed to get a new rubber seal for the exhaust system just above one of the primary cat

and then of course the usual stuff new brake pads once a year etc.

I don't drive the car on track but I have driven it pretty hard all this years plus I use the car all year around and it gets pretty cold in Sweden in the winters whit allot of snow and stuff and that takes its toll on the car.
I think the ignition coils going to be a frequent problem here when many of the cars reach 50000 miles or more.
New brake pads once a year? On my E46 M3 I was on my same Brembo pads at year 6. OEM pads on current M almost no wear at 48000 miles or 4 years. You must drive crazy.
Appreciate 0