View Single Post
      09-17-2018, 11:16 PM   #128
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

# 2018-09-17 Update

I was about moments away from ordering Ohlins Road & Track coilovers when some minor chit chatting with friends reminded me that I had a few resources I should talk prior to this purchase. During those conversations, I ended up realizing I probably will not be happy with the Ohlins on the track and probalby end up with swapping spring rates. With a few phone calls and a wonderful discussion about suspension dynamics, I decided to go for it.

The configuration is as follows:
MCS 2WNR dampeners
Eibach 2.25" 400/700lbs
Eibach Helper springs
Vorshlag Camber kit
Ground Control rear articulating spring perch
Bimmerworld Endlinks
Powerflex Street/Track Rear shock mounts

It is safe to say that I ended up paying a little more than I originally planned with the Ohlins but I'm pretty sure I am ending up with a hell of a suspension setup. With the square 18x10+40 BBS GT4s with 15mm spacers, inner wheel clearance would be very tight with the ohlins. Going with MCS and 2.25" springs should increase the clearance so I don't have to change my spacers out. Either way, I bought 20mm spacers in case I do need to.

The picture of the front setup just looks so lovely.

The GC rear perches are being dropped shipped to me due to some delays in manufacturing. For now, I'll get to view them in the garage and admire how
pretty they look.

Oh and random pic of the beluga whale in all of its AWD height glory.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 5
XKxRome0ox1587.50
CSBM52722.50
L4ces337.00
94jedi830.00