09-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #19
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTime View Post
I hadn't really spent any time looking at pics of black cars with the blacklines prior to this thread, but I decided to give them a chance. I spent some time looking at pics and comparing the two with local friends, and eventually decided that I preferred the look of the blacklines over the MARS - on my color car anyways (Jerez Black). I like the way the horizontal dividing line in the blackline taillight carries the line of the car perfectly towards the back, if that makes sense. It creates a very symmtrical flow of the body line all the way down the side of the car, across the back, clear to the other side of the car. Very balanced. Honestly though, I'll be keeping an eye out for FS threads of LCI E90s being parted out, you never know what's going to pop up I guess. Or, I'll finally bite the bullet and just pay for the full trunk conversion at some point, if I find myself still longing for the look a while down the road.

I still really like the MARS lights. I think they look great, and they are probably the only aftermarket taillights I would consider for my car
They were the obvious choice when I changed mines, but I 75% like them after i put them on tbh. I rather rock the Mars tail lights and they will be in stock soon from what Mars emailed me. The blacklines remind me of the updated tail lights of the W124's and it gave off a Benz vibe when I first looked at them installed.

Last edited by E90M3velocity; 09-01-2018 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
DreamTime864.50