07-28-2018, 08:52 AM   #114
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Reminds me of the early-mid 1970s! There were many fantastic trails, riding locations and dirt roads all around the lake back then for dirt bike fun. Mainly the area in the southeast section on the Buford side like where they built that water treatment plant off Buford Dam Rd -- it was a blast to ride in the huge dirt bowl they created for the holding area. The process was slow, so it gave us months of time to ride in there on weekends. We even carved out an MX track that lasted for about a month, lol. Fun times!
Not to steer off the original topic at hand, but this is too funny.

I grew up off of Shadburn Ferry Road (intersects with Buford Dam Road) back into the peninsula there with the Shoal Creek boat ramp and the campgrounds. We were one cove over from the water treatment facility that you're talking about. As kids, we lived for the lake, drank the lake, and after a hard wipeout breathed the lake unfortunately I moved off to North Carolina for school, bounced around for a while, and ultimately decided that I needed more lake and moved to the north side (since the north side of the lake is about as calm as the south side was when I grew up).

To give you an idea on how much we loved the lake and hoping to never forget those days, I present to you the only tattoo on my body. The group of us that grew up together (friends since 5 years old and still to this day), got this stupid tattoo since we all grew up off of Buford Dam Road. As you can see from the picture, I spent many a day sun-burnt.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
CSBM52721.00