Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflame View Post
Looks like rockauto has added more rotors for the E9x chassis, $42 a rotor...

Anyone try these yet? I run the $35 e46m3 rotors but centric on my E36 (bbk), with no issues.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/b...hub,rotor,1896

I'm tempted to buy and try them out!
I figured why not go right to the source. I contacted Bendix via email and hope to share their response if they are willing to play along. My email below.

Hello, there is an interesting discussion going on in M3Post about your Bendix PRT6345 rotors (1 of the 4 corners just to give you an idea). The question is can an aftermarket rotor that sells for $42 be reliable on an 2008-2013 E9X series BMW M3 and specifically for street and track use. There is some general interest in your product and I think that a response from your company on real world testing and any data you would like to share could go a long way with potential customers looking to save a substantial sum of money on a safe and reliable alternative to OEM rotors. I look forward to your response which I plan on posting on the M3Post forum with your permission as my question to you is being posted and members will hopefully be looking forward to your response also.
Yours truly, BOOF-M3
Who invited the logical/adult in here? :
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0