03-20-2018, 12:22 PM   #49
GeorgeA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Why do you think you can’t go fast with these solid rotors? A 335i is easily modded to go just as fast as an M3.

They are almost certainly heavier than the 2 piece stock rotors, but other than that, I think they would be fine for the vast majority of M3 drivers. And some of the hard core ones who track their cars will probably try these because they trash expensive stock rotors. I want to read the reports from them.
The point of 2 piece drilled rotors is to vent the heat. I have ran solid one piece rotors on my G37S which have 14" brakes as well and those would cook very easily, and that is with a 330hp car. Almost every car I've driven with "regular" solid rotors have warped during street driving. On the track the OEM rotor (which has been tested to a completely different level vs the 40$ rock auto one) tends to heat up and fade, and those are 2 piece drilled, imagine how bad the solid ones would be. Are cheaper rotors better for track folks? Yes.. Is is better to save money and lose brakes on your 2nd lap? No. These wouldn't work for those who track, it's actually dangerous.

My point is, you're buying and driving an M3, you knew you had to spend a bit more on maintenance, buy the proper parts. FCP euro parts has a warranty where they give you lifetime replacement for any part. That means buy one set of rotors from them and when they wear, send it back for a new replacements. This alternative is cost friendly and you will be running proper OEM rotors vs gambling with your life every time you drive fast.
Appreciate 0