View Single Post
      11-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #30
Hawk Lax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 AW Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
The only thing about using a claybar on rail dust is that it usually just shears it off at the surface of the paint. This is not true in all cases but is usually the case. If the spots do re-appear you need to use the Valugard ABC decontamination system: Valugard ABC system

I had lots of rail dust on my 08 Tundra and clayed it when I first got it. After the first winter I noticed that the rust spots came back on the whole truck. I then used the Valugard kit and the spots have never returned. I also used the kit on my 2011 M3 upon delivery. Although the car never had any visible rail dust on it I wanted to do it anyway as a precaution (since my car travelled 6000KM on train from Halifax to Edmonton) and to strip any bonded contaminants off the paint and get it ready for the clear bra.
+1 Clay will only remove surface contaminants stuck in the paint it may not remove the part of the contaminant below the paint surface. The Valuguard ABC system is endorsed by several automobile manufacturers to remove raildust and other similar contaminants from the paint. I have used Valuguard and have been very happy with the results. I believe Finish Kare also makes a decontamination system.

Last edited by Hawk Lax; 11-08-2010 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0