02-24-2010, 06:22 AM   #32
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Very surprised the battery is not working out. Would have been a mod I would have done for sure.
Very surprised indeed...

My M3 is basically driven on the weekends only these days, and I haven't had any issues with my mini battery crapping out on me after sitting for 5 days at a time. (even on very cold Saturday mornings)

Drew,

Take your car to Tom's shop, so he can test the charging system and your 'key off' current draw load.

Tom will be able to see if all the factory installed modules in your M3 are going into sleep mode like the are supposed to...

Also, don't leave things like phone chargers, ipod adapter/chargers, radar detectors, and VBOX performance data-logging computers, etc. on in the car all the time. (unplug or turn off that stuff when you get out of the car)

It's absolutely essential to monitor your key off current consumption very closely, and to develop a very strict routine that limits your exposure to external current sapping accessories. (which can drain your battery in between trips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
D'oh.
I already warned potential owners about the limitations of this smaller than stock battery from the very beginning...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=145

Last edited by Lemans_Blue_M; 02-24-2010 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0