Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Actually, I haven't signed up yet.. did not realize we have to do a tech inspection for this? I've never done one.. do I just take the car to a dealer or where do you guys get yours done? What cost is involved? Hmm, wonder if I have time this week to get that done too...

So you not going shizzle? What's wrong with your shifter?
You can get the tech inspection done pretty much anywhere, you just need a licensed mechanic to sign off. I really only took it to BMW Toronto since I wanted to check for error codes from the last track day. Otherwise, I would have either gone to Sports Car Boutique or Speedstar.

I had a weird problem a couple weeks ago where it felt like the clutch was slipping going from 4-3, and i'd get a "start off assistance inactive" error. I didn't think too much of it since it didn't act up after that. But turns out the car threw all sorts of errors. I'll get a copy of the error codes when I go back since the parts are on back order. The car won't be fixed in time for the weekend, and i'd rather not track the car while it's throwing errors.

On a similar note, I've had a good experience so far with BMW Toronto. They haven't complained one bit about my brakes, and didn't try at all to blame them for the problem. Only issue there is I don't get a free rental since I didn't buy from them, but pretty much every dealership does that, and I knew that ahead of time so I can't complain.
Appreciate 0