View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #24
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
.75" conduit is sufficient, could get away with .5" as well if you only run the one cable. ( I recommend 2 cables cause if you are pulling 1 in, 2 is just as easy)

LB out the house, 90 into the ground. bury it 18" along the sidewalk. 90 up out of ground, LB into pool house. Slap connectors on and plug into routers.

if you arent handy, or dont want to deal with it, it is a half to full day job for any competent electrician/handyman depending on distance and what is in the way.

or you can try a powerful router in the closest openings to each other in the main and pool houses. should be enough to get you a signal to the pool house, and then the router in there will be able to spread throughout the pool house.
The suggestion you provided for a "powerful" wireless router placed at the windows closest to each other in both buildings won't work well either. Here are the problems with this suggestion. First, using a wireless router would mean trying to get proper wireless connection/performance out of two devices with omni-directional antennas. In a situation where distance is a major factor, the use of omni-directional antennas are the last thing you want to utilize. Second, consumer grade wireless routers can only bridge over single radio which is typically 2.4 GHz. The use of 2.4 GHz for distance wireless backhauls is a bad idea due to only 3 available non-overlapping channels (1, 6, 11). This is why 5 GHz is used by wireless mesh systems and point to point wireless backbone/backhaul equipment. Third, the FCC regulates the amount of transmit power any wireless equipment running over open air space for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz can produce. The only way you're going to get the ability to have more transmit power is if you use outdoor APs which the FCC allows.
Appreciate 0