09-21-2020, 07:34 PM   #19
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Dallas is booming as far as business growth and there are zillions of companies moving here. It feels like they can't build houses and apartments fast enough.

Austin just got a nice boost from the Tesla thing, but bear in mind that it is a very different place from other big Texas cities (new transplant to Texas giving you this opinion).

PS, you could also move out here yourself and get access to our tracks!
i'm juggling a couple of options- i'm 33 now and figuring out retirement goals. this could go a couple of good routes- i have two rentals here in socal that i owe $121k on each of them. i'm looking at paying those off completely, or leveraging one of them to purchase another investment property. the investment property could also be a vacation rental, or a second residence. right now, i'm eyeballing the area of hayden lake, idaho.
texas is cool- no income tax, but property tax is higher, so thats a wash. austin becoming more liberal is a little bit of a red flag, but thats probably like investing in any city in california. some of the prices are almost on par with california as well. i do my rounds about every week and also look at nashville. after comping rents, nothing has gotten me too excited to pickup the phone just yet.

i'm weighing both options. my aggressive side wants to leverage and expand, but my conservative side wants to pay everything off. i'm a blue collar guy, so careful strategy has to be put in play here.