View Single Post
      11-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
SeattleJerez
Private
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

How much does an accident on the carfax effect the value?

I have a 2009 E92 in Jerez black. It already has 1 accident on the title - I have pictures of the accident; someone’s foot slipped off the gas and scratched the paint on my rear bumper. It shows up as an accident on my carfax.

Recently, my girlfriend parked it in an apartment complex and someone left a gnarly dent in my drivers side quarter panel. Couldn’t just have it pushed out. Has to get bondo’d, painted, cleared, blended; etc. The quote I got was $1,500.

My car as it stands has 57,000 miles on it, and is mostly stock except for vorsteiner VFF-101 wheels and a tasteful sub in the trunk in a custom enclosure. Blue book puts it at $25,000. Comparables in Seattle are priced around 27,000-28,000, but I assume with just 1 accident on the title, I could hope to get 25,000. I have a $500 insurance deductible and I’m on the fence as to whether I should pay the $1,500 to have the dent fixed, or pay $500 to have it fixed, but have it hit my deductible. Pictures of both accidents show that the accidents are strictly cosmetic, but 2 accidents on the title of an M3 doesn’t look good.

So my question is - what do you think? Is paying the extra $1,000 (difference between out of pocket or deductible) is worth keeping the accident off the title? I’m ready to get rid of the car, but am not in a huge hurry.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0