Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Once BMW voided the warranty, Dinan is to assume the responsibility
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrsnowg View Post
I thought it was always understood that Dinan takes over the warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
Agree with Maynard. As a lawyer who has actually read the MM Act I believe he is correct. This old wife's tale still has legs, however.
Indeed, the whole "MM will protect you!" is utter and total BS floated by vendors (who have a financial stake in you buying their shit) or people who don't understand what they're talking about.

(1.) MM originated to prevent auto manufacturers from having a parts monopoly; so, for example, GM couldn't force you to only and always by GM parts and service. It WASN'T created to protect modders. Further, all the stuff already said: it'll take you 2-3 years to even get a court date to attempt a bogus MM defense during which time your car has to sit idle because it's evidence.

So, no, MM won't protect you.

(2.) There is NO Dinan engine / powertrain "warranty". doesn't exist.
Dinan warranties THEIR parts, and they provide insurance should BMW deny you warranty work; which they will if they know you've modded your engine with any tune, Dinan or otherwise. And, if that happens, BMW has now voided your engine warranty and you'll be dependent on Dinan for all future repairs.

(3.) And NO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR DEALER SAYS or does or installs. YOUR DEALER IS NOT BMW.
When you buy a BMW in the US, BMWNA holds the warranty, dealers are independent businesses, not BMW, and they are free to install JATO tubes if they want, it doesn't mean BMW agrees with that.
Appreciate 5
BMWM5NYC496.00
Polo088161610.00
David701567.00
Poiseuille5392.50