United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
I have a friend with ARH headers on his E90 M3. He has custom x-pipe and muffler bypass valves. With the valves closed, it sounds almost as quiet as stock.

But with the valves open, I swear it sounds like a Lambo V10. I kid you not, it sounds that amazing. He also has Schrick cams and E85 flex fuel, not sure if that changes the sound much.

After hearing his car I'm saving up for ARH. I don't even care if it makes zero power. I want that sound!
I drive in a ARH car every now and then, it is quieter than stock headers for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
I have a friend with ARH headers on his E90 M3. He has custom x-pipe and muffler bypass valves. With the valves closed, it sounds almost as quiet as stock.

But with the valves open, I swear it sounds like a Lambo V10. I kid you not, it sounds that amazing. He also has Schrick cams and E85 flex fuel, not sure if that changes the sound much.

After hearing his car I'm saving up for ARH. I don't even care if it makes zero power. I want that sound!
I drive in a ARH car every now and then, it is quieter than stock headers for sure.
Yeah it's actually quieter than I thought. My test pipe + oem mod rear was louder, but the noise is so much better in the ARH system (if you're into deeper noises vs trumpet sound). It's closer to a smaller displacement US v8 in tone

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition
Appreciate 0