View Single Post
      04-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #9
bmwlover0725
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Update:

I spoke with Dinan tech support yesterday and got what SHOULD have been an answer. I was explained how the tunes are created and what parameters are changed. Basically they make the catalyst efficiency monitor impossible to start through an unacheivable position in throttle/RPM. I was told that the O2 monitor diagnostic is not turned off and that after driving more, the monitor should set without trouble leaving ONLY catalyst efficiency incomplete. As of now, I've driven over 100 miles. A lot of it was above 60MPH, but almost all of it was driving like a grandma. Honestly this tune has seriously improved throttle response and a slight power gain came from it. If I'm pleased with it's performance, I can't imagine what a BPM tune is like. Bottom line, I'm waiting for a call from Dinan right now to see if I can sort this out and as far as I'm concerned they have two options. The first one is to have my Dinan dealer check this out to see if something is just wrong and the second is for me to dispute the charge because the damn thing didn't do what I was told at all and is completely worthless. The second will be followed by a purchase from BPM who actually answers the phone every time I call. I'll keep everyone posted.
Appreciate 0