Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011e91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_mann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011e91 View Post
Great thread, thank you! Recently picked up an e90 and have been hearing an intermittent humming/vibrating under dash/in front fender....searching led me here and believe it is a bad sensor, no codes yet. I ended up ordering the hose from my local dealer that has the sensor on it.

Is it easier to just replace the entire hose or just the sensor? I'll tackle it over the next few days....
You only need to do the sensor.

I'd take back the part you bought and just buy part # 13628657300. Its labeled as a diff pressure sensor but its the same sensor on the overly priced entire hose assembly. I think oem is like $85 and oe is $50.
thank you, unfortunately already committed to the complete unit but before I tear into it I was wondering if it's easier to deal with the few plugs of replacing the hose or if it's easier to just replace the sensor? I've looked but couldn't find a DIY of replacing the hose itself.

I say to myself how difficult can 3 plugs be; famous last words??
I have done a few for others, but only once with the hose assembly. Definitely easier to replace just the sensor In my experience. As long as you have the right surgical tools, it can be done in 30 minutes or less!

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0