08-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #7
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTrunks523 View Post
Didn't even know there was an AWD version. Definitely makes the car more desirable for a new englander. Normal and S are the same motor if I recall, probably just more boost. Umm maybe more more boosterer? From what I remember, the S was the one to go with! Good choice and congrats! (though my post is in no way helpful haha). Sexy car!
Haha thanks! Yeah I needed an AWD car for my DD cause I can't use snow as an excuse to miss work anymore so another M wasn't gonna really do it for me. Yeah its the same motor but the S is rated at 40 more horsepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I imagine the best mod for the car is getting a Type R.

I think that car is perfect for what it is. Why mod?
I didn't even look at the R to be honest. The S was in the perfect price range and power range for me, considering I am stuck in traffic about 90% of the time during my daily commute, it wasn't worth the extra money for the power.

While I agree the car is perfect, I was thinking more towards exterior/cosmetic upgrades versus engine. Im so used to being able to mod every inch and corner of an M3, it feels weird to suddenly have something thats not as "modifiable" haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
You got rid of your M3?
Excommunicated!!
"Got rid of" is a strange phrase, I prefer "My lease ended so it was taken away from me" lol. I miss it so much but my needs changed and I couldnt justify keeping it anymore =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
AWD became available starting in 2016 I believe. From what I read, the higher output versions desperately needed it.

The S is the sweet spot -- plenty of power to be fast but not enough to just be a burnout machine.
I agree 100%. Maybe in the future Ill upgrade to the R (or SVR) when my commute isn't bumper to bumper traffic 90% of the time but the S is definitely the sweet spot. I can instill some fear into me (and smiles) with the power and sudden accelerations and the exhaust note is just beautiful, never thought id own a car that sounded better than my E92 M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTrunks523 View Post
Yeah I heard at first the v8 was just worthlessly tail-happy
Im sure the AWD definitely helped straighten that out.
2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Appreciate 0