Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Pick up the E92 and meet us all at the Tail of the Dragon.
Haha where is that?

But I did find a recent post where even the main bearings get used and break buying the car at this point seems... like, not the wisest choice, especially for an all in one car.
It's in Deals Gap. North Carolina/Tennessee boarder in the mountains. Ok, bearings can toast an engine, that is fact. It's something that can happen and if it does it's catastrophic. And no one wants to be the member to talk you into getting one and then you hit the German lottery as Philippe says and your engine blows. So therefore I will not try to convince you to get one. But if you decide to go a different route, what else is out there? Most, not all street/track race cars have flaws so no matter what you end up purchasing you will be dealing with the reality that at any moment your $30k street legal race car is one RPM away from blowing. Personally I am of the mindset that I am so in tune with my engine that it wouldn't dare blow a gasket, a bearing or even a tire. Of course I am usually right 70% out of 90% of the time. But seriously, what other cars are on your must have list?
Appreciate 0