View Single Post
      02-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #384
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Supercharging the E90 is great, but you lose the wonderful intake noise. I've been in several ESS E9Xs with the 650 kit and although the thrust is incredible and feels OEM, the lack of intake noise is a serious problem

The P TT is a similar problem to a M4. I don't want turbos muddling the response and ruining the exhaust noise. I run with a lot of them in track days and have zero interest.

And, that's an older car so it doesn't answer the question of what you will buy in the future. Eventually we will all need new cars, so what brand will you buy?
I am not stuck on any one brand, but would probably start my search with BMW, Porsche, Audi and Mercedes. I find better value in used cars, so whatever I buy will be used and older -- just probably younger than my 08E90M3.

The 997.2TT started in 2010, so it would be newer, and if I could afford an even newer 991.1TT or 991.2TT then I would look at them as well. I would also look at the twin turbo BMW V8 M5 and M6 and twin turbo I6 M3, but think I want AWD. Maybe I would check out used Audis with the twin turbo 4.0L V8 like an RS6 (if available in the US) or RS7, but out of warranty Audis can be expensive to maintain -- I save money by doing my own work but am not looking for trouble. An E63 AMG bi turbo AWD could be worth a look as well.

I would look domestically, but currently there is not really anything I like. The Mustang GT350R is a nice car. The new Camaro is a nice car. I am just not sure I want a Mustang or Camaro. I think the new Corvettes look great, but its not a practical daily driver for me and its not really my style. They are also not AWD. Maybe down the road there will be domestic options for me.

If you don't want a turbo or supercharger, your big power options are going away fast. There are moderate power domestic V8s that are only moderate power (the big power ones are supercharged) like the Mustang and Camaro and Corvette and the Mustang GT350R. Or you can buy an exotic car like an Audi R8 or Ferrari or Lamborghini or Porsche GT3/4.
Appreciate 1
Bucki14155.50