View Single Post
      08-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #10
White 13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A 2013 Alpine White E92

Viair is a good brand. From what I have seen the have some customer support which the cheaper ones don't and better quality too, they have been around for quite awhile. I have a similar one that Cosco had on on sale and is pretty good but next one will probably be Viair. Do get the one that clamps onto the battery terminals. Power point has like a 15 amp fuse. Clamp ones have a 30 amp inline fuse; gotta be faster. Mine has blown many fuses but after the first blown one I have a bunch of spares so no problem. Changing the car's fuse would be a pain. They seem to blow when starting with a load, better to just leave it running but then you have to fool with the screw on fitting with pressure fighting you. Push on connector would be better; I think the screw on can be adapted to push on. I have also read to leave the cars engine running so amps don't go so high on start up because of increased voltage.

That 88 P looks very good. Seems it doesn't come with a bag though. Plastic ammo box may work. 90 P looks good also and comes with the push on connector, may be a little slower though.

The ones that look like a cordless drill are also worth looking into. Probably slower though.

Also if you only need one or two pounds at the track or something a good bicycle pump is faster.

Last edited by White 13; 08-17-2017 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0