View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 01:05 PM   #9
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

I'm really confused with the OP's post, as it is the same picture (as far as I can tell) just processed differently. So are we grading the editing results or what? Does he/she want to be a processor or a photographer?

I'm what some people would call a semi-professional, since I get paid for my work. But a "real" professional photographer would call me an amateur, largely because of the quality of my work but also because it's just a part-time occasional thing for me.

And because I spend most of my working day behind a computer, I don't want to spend my free time adjusting the pictures that I take. I let the artistic director do that (and I ignore the nasty emails). LOL

I've been taking pictures for a long time. There's a lot of science behind it, but it's also art and having an eye. Like many things, it's about practice, practice and a little more practice. A buddy of mine who is a landscape photographer interned with a guy for 6 months to learn how to do it. He takes fabulous pictures, but doesn't sell enough to even start to cover his mortgage payments. Thank the Gods for employed wives, huh?

If you really want to make money or a living from photography, then you'll be taking wedding pictures and professional portraits. Those are the gigs that pay the rent.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1