View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #106
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Great to hear. So it sounds like the replacement you bought must have had an electronics issue. If indeed it works tomorrow, that's a nice bit of a good fortune that you were able put the parts from the two together to make one good whole.
Well there is good news and bad news. The good news is that by mating the new motor to my original circuit board, the new "frankenstein" actuator passed the prestart check. It didn't crash and stay stuck open and make the car undriveable. So that confirms the circuit board of the replacement unit I got must have been fried.

Onto the bad news. After a few min of driving, I did get the P2100 code and car went into limp mode again like it used to. After driving a few min I restarted the engine, which usually clears the error. It worked and the car drove fine to my workplace. I get off work in an hour and I'll see if the problem happens again.

That leaves me with the conclusion that either the replacement motor and gears i bought have the exact same problem as my original unit, or that the problem is actually caused by the circuit board

I may have to bite the bullet and get a new one. Fortunately Bimmerzone sells them for a bit over $900 USD. I know it's a bit more expensive than other websites but they ship to Canada. The bottomfeeding mafia scum stealerships here in Canada are asking over $1600 CAD for the actuator, over TWICE what the americans are paying!!!!
Appreciate 0