View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #104
Majin Buu
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Today's update:

I removed the intake manifold and as soon as i did, i found the problem. When you put the ignition in ON position, whether the engine starts or not, the car diagnoses both throttle actuators by cycling them to the fully open position and then back to closed. The driver's side bank did it fine. But the passenger side, the one I swapped, would open and then stay jammed. It wouldn't close till the ignition goes back to off again. That caused all the problems.

My original actuator would start fine, but when driving go into limp mode. It passed the initial test mentioned above.

So what I did was basically open both actuators and then I took the circuit board from my original actuator, and bolted it to the gear mechanism of the one I recently bought. I then put it back into the engine and connected everything. Happy to say the engine started fine and both actuators passed the initial checkup. I still haven't driven the car yet since it has gone dark and I haven't put the intake manifold on yet. Tomorrow I will finish assembling the car and go for a test drive and see if everything works.
Appreciate 0