05-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #98
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Ha! Beat me to it...

I have a small Arduino board with a CAN data logger but haven't had time to tap the wires into the circuit board of an actuator and log the control signals. Of course, even after that's done, it would take quite a while to pick out the addressing scheme and then modify the aurduino to act as a bench test device. Too many projects, too little time...

Next time one goes, I'm hoping someone has the guts to do a parts mix with a new one. Maybe when I change rod bearings and VANOS pump in a month or so I'll tackle that too. I'll already have the car taken apart and won't have to explain to the wife why I'm doing it for fun.
Thanks again for doing this. Maybe we'll finally have a more permanent solution.

And rod bearings + VANOS pump? Uh oh, what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Buu View Post
if i just replace the gears with the ones from my new actuator while continuing to use the original circuit board that came with the car would that negate the need for doing the throttle reset procedure? The stealership wants me to book an appt over a month from now to reprogram the car.
A month? Wow.
Mkoesel managed to just drive his car and around and his CEL went away from what I can tell. I used BavTechnic to clear the CEL codes, but didn't reset the TA. That was back in July and all is well.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0