12-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #41
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Wow that is a beautiful area man!
Thanks! I am lucky to have the park entrance/gate 10 minutes from my home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
Pic of your S2000? I didn't know you had one.

Here was mine with the original set of wheels I had on it. It eventually got some identical wheels in Mercury silver but most of the time I owned it, it was on the Titanium Gunmetal.
That looks gooooooood! Those cars will always be special to me (wyatth @S2KI), and have the perfect recipe for timeless fun: NA high revving engine, lightweight with proper balance, RWD with LSD, 6MT with a divine shifter, reliable and easy to work on ...

Back in 2004 I bought a 2001 GPW/red, and I went totally overboard ricing it out. It had some great parts (every combination of intake and exhaust possible, 4.57 gears, Prodrive wheels (and TE37s), Stoptech ST40, AP2 front and rear lights, Js Racing front bumper, OE hardtop, T1R braces, and so on), but also some total crap that I cringe about now (Buddy Club coilovers that rode like a skateboard, Bride Pro and JIC Magic seats that were no better than OEM, more vents than a block of Swiss cheese, T1R 70r exhaust that was loud as hell, etc.). But it was a ton of fun and a great learning experience doing all of that work in my garage.
I then took a sports car/modifying break with an FX35 that I got from Sal above. And after that I found myself in another S2000, an '02 Sebring. I told myself less is more this time around: I swapped a Suzuka and black two tone interior into it (really liked that), put on NSX wheels, Espiler springs, a simple intake and test pipe, proper tires/alignment, OEM hardtop again, and some other basic doodads.

Last edited by wyatth; 12-07-2019 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 2
//steve\\1074.00