03-02-2018, 07:26 AM   #309
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Question for the vendor - I am about done with my second set of rear stock rotors/pads at 105,000 miles and looking to lose some weight and gain some performance on an almost-purely-street E90 that is already equipped with Stoptech STR40 front kit. Thoughts on pairing with the Essex 340mm CP5060 rear kit? I would probably swap pads up front to match the rear and do DS2500's or something similar all around to keep from mismatching pads. I would go STR40 rear as well, but I think the 355x32 rotor is the definition of overkill back there and I don't want the extra weight.
We would have to run some numbers on the StopTech front kit and see how the brake balance will play out if our rear kit was added. Can you please provide me with the front piston bores in your StopTech kit? I'm assuming you're running they're 355mm front disc? We would run the numbers and tell you how the balance would play out for you.

We agree that the 355mm rear is unnecessarily large and heavy. I don't know of anyone who has ever overheated our rear 340mm kit or had problems burning through spares at a rapid pace.

You can feel free to email me the data on the ST setup when you have it, and we'll see what we come up with. Thanks!

Quote:
(nor will I be buying a front kit, in case your salesman's impulses can't help themselves )
ps You really need to buy one of our front kits. You will be the envy of your friends at the track, and droves of women will fling themselves at you everywhere you go. You will likely begin to exert more power and influence at the office, and you'll certainly feel more energized and invigorated when you wake in the morning. Daily tasks that used to be challenging will suddenly feel effortless. Upon installation, you will suddenly feel a deep sense of peace and calm, as if what has always been missing from your life has suddenly been found and claimed. Most importantly, you will crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamenting of their women. If you're not interested in any those things, then our front brake kit definitely isn't for you.
Sorry...couldn't resist.
Appreciate 4
inTgr8r2431.50
roastbeef11586.00
Hujan569.00