View Single Post
      07-10-2022, 09:57 AM   #165
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

I prepared to swap the rear brake pads after getting the idrive warning : "brake pads at minimum thickness go to the nearest BMW center ... "
Bought new pads, got all prepared and read this DIY thread then found that the pads still had plenty of thickness at least 5 millimeters (see both pics below are the old pads) ! Tried to pull the sensor and it broke. Bad advice on some videos to remove the sensor at the beginning, it's better to remove it from the pad after removing the pad itself if you want to reuse the sensor. I actually ordered the sensor but FCP Euro shipped me wrong parts not from my order (Volkswagen ignition coils !!), i emailed them about their error, they didn't even apologize and first thing they worried about is the ignition coils. We'll see how they handle this, but based on sofar i do not recommend them. Then it also rained and i couldn't do the other wheel (yeah no garage for some of us ). I feel like i wasted my time due to poor sensor design (my car is my own factory delivery, this is the first brake job so all parts are oem).

Name:  IMG_0013.JPEG
Views: 147
Size:  201.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0014.JPEG
Views: 140
Size:  141.4 KB

Last edited by Rajmun340; 07-11-2022 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0