exVtekGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolFumes View Post
I know Dinan was purchased but does anyone know if Dinan 4.6 stroker is still around? Anyone still doing them?
Don't pick up any of the older Dinan 4.6 motors around. A lot of them have bore scoring and bearing wear... Sadly there were a few examples on here that weren't taken good care of and Blackstone reports showed high levels of metal wear. Dinan also has no documentation/tollerances on these motors that were built when the company was still operated by Steve Dinan himself.

I'd reach out to Carbanh for a complete new build with a good core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolFumes View Post
I know Dinan was purchased but does anyone know if Dinan 4.6 stroker is still around? Anyone still doing them?
Don't pick up any of the older Dinan 4.6 motors around. A lot of them have bore scoring and bearing wear... Sadly there were a few examples on here that weren't taken good care of and Blackstone reports showed high levels of metal wear. Dinan also has no documentation/tollerances on these motors that were built when the company was still operated by Steve Dinan himself.

I'd reach out to Carbanh for a complete new build with a good core.
Has this been well documented on this forum or elsewhere? Just curious because I haven't seen much feedback on longitivity of Dinan stroker before that I can recall.
Appreciate 0