CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post

You don't need a raise, you need to get out of that company. The culture may not be toxic but it's toxic for someone like yourself. The longer you stay the more bitter you will feel towards them and towards employment in general. Get out before it drags you under. It's not healthy. You simply arent the right fit for that company.

That level of dissatisfaction cannot be corrected with a raise or a title change. It's time to leave and get a fresh start.
This right here, 100%.

Compensation is important, but it won't change a toxic environment. I worked in the insurance industry right after college at an entry level job making 45k a year. The environment was extremely toxic. I would drive into work everyday feeling like I was going to throw up. I had more migraines, panic attacks, lost appetite, and it basically killed my relationship at that point in time. I met a few friends there (2 of whom I still am very close with to this day) and they all said the same thing. We all agreed that no amount of money was worth working at this company, and an entry level salary with long hours made it much worse. Afterward I found out the company had a 50% turnover rate for new employees after one year.

My advice would be stick it out while you can, but look for employment elsewhere. You are gaining experience while you are still there, so you have that to add to your resume in the mean time.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2