View Single Post
      08-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #36
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Again, thanks to everyone for your input!
OP, you are far too young to be this cynical. I feel for you, I really do. I've had employees, one in particular, who is so similar to you in his thoughts, feelings, and rants, that I had to do a doubletake because i had myself thinking "Is this Kevin?" It's eerily similar.

You don't need a raise, you need to get out of that company. The culture may not be toxic but it's toxic for someone like yourself. The longer you stay the more bitter you will feel towards them and towards employment in general. Get out before it drags you under. It's not healthy. You simply arent the right fit for that company.

I can get a pretty good feel for you as an employee through your lengthy post. I get a sense for how you view your employer, your level of self worth, how you feel your contributions outpace the pack yet no one gives you credit. How the company and the job are beneath you and the place will fold if you leave. That level of dissatisfaction cannot be corrected with a raise or a title change. It's time to leave and get a fresh start.

My other piece of advise is that you are going to have to learn to play the game. Learn the politics and master it. You're going to hate hearing that as it goes against your instincts and against what you feel is just, right, fair, and necessary. But it's the unfortunate truth. It's how the world works and you are either on that bus or you arent. Otherwise, you are destined to be fighting an uphill battle no matter where you go. You'll have the same problems with every company, every boss, over and over until one day you wake up and realize it's you.
Appreciate 8
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
cxp213313.00
2000cs3502.50