Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 LIME ROCK VT2-625

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
Why not lower your launch rpms? I understand your making more power but what happened at 3500 rpm launch vs 5500?
LC is just out of my mind since 2014 when I had VT3 and 680-690 whp. The car is uncontrollable at 2nd and 3rd gears, and at 1st gear - just waste of time...

I've never been on prepared tracks like you have in US, and you never been on our competitions to understand what we both are talking to each over

At 1st gear I am not launching the car either, I just pushing the pedal at half and shifting at 5,000-6,000 rpms to avoid significant wheel spin... Even with that technique, DSC is heavily working in MDM-mode at 1st-2nd gear shifting...

However, I did 3runs where my 0-100 kmh were 3.5-3.6s, which I consider just perfect for this car bearing in mind all that problems above.

On my new competition I would investigate the surface and try to start with DSC off, and if all is ok, I would think over LC

I also looked thru Dragtimes.com yesterday and discovered interesting fact: my 1/8 time and trap are so poor in compare to bmw's with much less HPs and to my 1/4 trap...

For example, some SC E9x M3 had 107-108 trap at 1/8 and 131-133 trap at 1/4, while my car had 105 at 1/4 and 140 at 1/4. This is riduculos!!! I was just staying at 1st 1/8 mile and then made additional 35 mph at 2nd 1/8 mile, while other cars made 23-24 mph... Yep, my power is opened at the middle of 4th gear only and the car begins running like a blast

Interesting to analyze all this in that manner: feeling myself as Bolt calculating the number of steps to be done for WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by filinm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
Why not lower your launch rpms? I understand your making more power but what happened at 3500 rpm launch vs 5500?
LC is just out of my mind since 2014 when I had VT3 and 680-690 whp. The car is uncontrollable at 2nd and 3rd gears, and at 1st gear - just waste of time...

I've never been on prepared tracks like you have in US, and you never been on our competitions to understand what we both are talking to each over

At 1st gear I am not launching the car either, I just pushing the pedal at half and shifting at 5,000-6,000 rpms to avoid significant wheel spin... Even with that technique, DSC is heavily working in MDM-mode at 1st-2nd gear shifting...

However, I did 3runs where my 0-100 kmh were 3.5-3.6s, which I consider just perfect for this car bearing in mind all that problems above.

On my new competition I would investigate the surface and try to start with DSC off, and if all is ok, I would think over LC

I also looked thru Dragtimes.com yesterday and discovered interesting fact: my 1/8 time and trap are so poor in compare to bmw's with much less HPs and to my 1/4 trap...

For example, some SC E9x M3 had 107-108 trap at 1/8 and 131-133 trap at 1/4, while my car had 105 at 1/4 and 140 at 1/4. This is riduculos!!! I was just staying at 1st 1/8 mile and then made additional 35 mph at 2nd 1/8 mile, while other cars made 23-24 mph... Yep, my power is opened at the middle of 4th gear only and the car begins running like a blast

Interesting to analyze all this in that manner: feeling myself as Bolt calculating the number of steps to be done for WR
Your numbers for Drags Racing is good ,but it isn't enoth,I Stay 0,123 Sec tô Break Binhs 1/8 World Record,With Stock engine!
Appreciate 0