Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyr4 View Post
Thanks Tom but I am guessing that the intake voids the warranty if it ever causes a problem.

Does anyone else have any other ideas/suggestions? I'm looking to increase engine noise under light load and below 4k RPMs. I will be doing the OEM Exhaust Mod (non-perforated) and it will increase cabin noise around 10-20%, which isn't enough for what I'm trying to achieve. While I am going to consider a dry air filter, it was posted that it won't increase noise under light loads, so that's probably not going to add much (or any) noise under light load.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for everyone's help and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeremy
Modifying your exhaust is no different, as anything you do outside the dealership can be interpreted as a threat to your warranty. I haven't seen a dealer raise an eyebrow at the MS intake yet. To think that an enthusiast will not mod his/her M3 is unrealistic, so there has to be some leeway.

Dealers are not evil people and looking to void warranties at any possible opportunity. Remember, they still need to keep customers happy in order to sell cars - especially with the new M3 just around the corner.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0