Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
First off, none of these things had failed. I'm just locking the car down for another 100,000 miles of use, hopefully issue free (going to do the cooling system soon, just recently did coils and plugs).

Many, many hours spent in the garage this weekend. Here's what we did:

clutch
throw out bearing
headers
longer header studs
header gaskets
coolant swap
tranny fluid
oil
engine mounts
tranny mounts
guibo
rear main seal
constant pressure valve
vanos filter
reset service interval

:banghead:

Pics from the project:

All the parts, waiting to go on:

lots of parts off the car and one the ground:

rear main seal in place:

engine block minus headers:

Engine bay, minus manifold and some other shiz:

Freshly installed headers, from above and below:

New project in progress:

edited in, result:

Just thought I'd add this.

Pics of the guibo and clutch. Guibo looks like I should have replaced it much sooner. I last checked it at around 80,000 miles and, while still in the car, it looked fine. Either the last 20,000 miles have been really hard on it or you can't tell the extent of Guibo damage with them on the car. Either way... I think it will be going on my inspection 2 list form now on.

The clutch, on the other hand, looks like it still had about half it's life left at 100,000 miles. Considering the life of my clutch (4000+ track miles, daily clutch initiated drifts, autox, drag strip, regular lauching), I think this is pretty amazing! Certainly nobody who isn't FI with a 6 speed should be needing a clutch before 100,000k, unless they're totally inept with the clutch pedal. I'll be leaving the next one in for at least 150,000 miles!

s

Haven't updated this for a bit.

4 weeks ago we were going to Pocono for a DE. e36 didn't pass PCA tech inspection (does now) so we took the 46. Sadly, at 100,000 miles... the water pump finally gave out.

So, since then I replaced the entire cooling system: Radiator, thermostat, water pump, fan clutch, piping, bla bla bla.

I also have new software from ESS on the car now, as well as Nitto NT05s. Reviews to follow on them!

Pics from the failed track day:

And once she blew up:

And, flushing out all the water pump bits from the cooling system:

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 1
IamFODI365.50