Thread: Should I M3????
View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

This 335 or M3 talk kills me. It's so simple it's ridiculous.

A 335 does not have ALL the components needed to perform like an M3 over and over and over and over without giving you any issues and/or wearing and tearing other components.

I don't care how fast your 335 is in a straight line. The vehicle, and all of it's components, are not meant to do what people are making it do. Yes yes yes... Take me from a red light, kill me on straight run, makes no difference, you are steroiding up a mule to run in a derby. It's gonna kick ass a few times but for how long?

Hows that HPFP holding up for you guys?

Every really tuned 335 guy I talk to in person tells me how fast it is with this tune, that bolt on, etc... I ask them one question... "for how long?" They always laugh, admit they have had issues of one kind or another or understand that they will be having issues.

Here's something to chew on... I have 40,xxx miles on my 2008 M3. I drive it like a maniac day in, day out. I do at least 2 canyon runs a week, and as many track days a year as I can. I have had no issues. NONE.

How many highly tuned 335 guys have had their cars highly tuned for 3 years and beat it up like I do with no issues? 3 years, 40k miles, daily driver, canyons, track, Vegas to LA long drives, you name it. NO ISSUES.

BTW, my warranty is still fully in place and covers anything I need.

I don't see how this is still being talked about.

PS- I am NOT pissing on 335s. I had a E92 335 4 years ago and loved it. It's an AMAZING car in so many ways. But please... It's embarrassing for BMW drivers, BMW itself, and car enthusiasts in general when this topic is discussed to no end. It truly insults people's intelligence.

Last edited by 3XTR3M3; 06-18-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0