Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman727 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Natural Progression!

I hope to be there sometime soon. 40 is a great age to shoot for, I got 6+ years to go. I know I can do it earlier if I wanted too, just trying to strike a good balance financially, part of me wants to buy it, part of me wants to wait and invest in the long term now then treat myself later. I'm perfectly content with the M3 for now if I have to be. Have you ever felt the same way? or was it something you wish you did sooner?

Edit: Now it's time to upgrade that garage! Finish the walls and add cabinets and life would be complete, haha.
Haha. No I don't regret waiting. The M3 was a used one I got in 2012 as a present to myself after fellowship. The dude was a rich baron to a shipping company and lived in the Hamptons. I worked for 5 years and am now on the verge of partnership. The 911 is also a used, albeit CPO vehicle. I saw some interesting formulas about affordability of a car. The rule of thumb I use is: if you can afford 2 or 3 if you had to afford it. My other reason to buy now is because of low interest rates.

Regarding the garage: yes it needs to be finished but car first and garage second. Silly as it sounds the M3 will be parked outside once the Subie goes on Saturday. I need to either Opticoat it or clear film it. Thoughts?
Oh nice. Was able to pick up my used M3 half way through residency, I regret waiting and having wasted time owning a 330Ci first but financially made sense at that time. Had I bought an E46 M3 first, I am not sure I would have swapped aside from wanting 4 doors.

Have been planning for a Lam or Ferrari once fellowship done and while rates are low. Saw another forum member who was looking to do the same.

However, Porsche does seem like a smarter next natural step by 35-40. Will see - picked up couple of condos and now have a kid on the way so either I'm in good shape or really screwed!

Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0