Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by filinm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenau View Post
This is all stupid. The purpose of drag racing isn't who has the fastest trap speed, it's who runs the lowest ET. sweet he ran 140 mph but a stock 5.0 on slicks would win that race.
Just to clarify: my car is prepared for 1/2 and 1 mile runs.

The problem is that there is no competition events in Russia for both disciplines except for Unlim 500, which is held only once per year (standing 1/2 mile) and on shitty surface. We know that 1/2 time is in direct relationship with 1/4 time, therefore I am in closed circle...

The only possibility to check the car is to go to 1/4 Russian championship.

That's it. No other reasons to drag race this absolutely not prepared for 1/4 runs car. And I am doing my best to run as fast as possible
I'm not saying you are not, nor am I discrediting your accomplishments. however I can tell you of 3 specific examples of people spending 10 grand on a supercharger system just to get smoked by a 30k dollar mustang with slicks.
that same race extended to 1 mile and the results are different.

I love the engine build and the technical aspects of your M, but I just don't understand drag racing it in general. it's a dick measuring contest. it's not about who's the better driver, it's about who has the fastest car and or deepest wallet.