Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 LIME ROCK VT2-625

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenau View Post
Why do people care about 1/4 mile times with this car? 100% not designed or engineered to be a 1/4 mile racer, doesn't excel at it.

I just don't understand it. If drag racing is your thing, why don't you buy a car that's MUCH better at it from the start? For example, a 2015 mustang with simple bolt ons and tires can be a 10 second car. Super charge it and go slicks, and it's a high 9 second car. All for much less money.

To each their own, but It's just an exercise in futility.
ummmmmm----because it's fun to take a certain platform that you love to it's limit?

You get into a platform and you work that platform as hard as you can. People have done that for decades. Your brilliant observations of Ford Mustangs have not shed any new light on this topic.

I love my E90 M3 and I've pushed it to the limit in every way I can. After a lot of time, money, effort and learning, she's a fast car now. Do I need to hear from you that there are plenty of other better track cars right from the factory? Or that an S2000 can be made faster? Or do I need to hear that a Superlite could kick my ass right out of the box? NO THANKS!! I ALREADY KNOW!!! I like my car, and I don't have any desire to drive anything else.

His passion has fueled his desire to successfully push the limits of this platform to new heights----in hot weather, and probably not ideal track surface conditions. You didn't even give him a hint of props. You just came in here and pissed on his accomplishment.

What are you passionate about? I bet we could easily poke holes in your passion if we wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenau View Post
Why do people care about 1/4 mile times with this car? 100% not designed or engineered to be a 1/4 mile racer, doesn't excel at it.

I just don't understand it. If drag racing is your thing, why don't you buy a car that's MUCH better at it from the start? For example, a 2015 mustang with simple bolt ons and tires can be a 10 second car. Super charge it and go slicks, and it's a high 9 second car. All for much less money.

To each their own, but It's just an exercise in futility.
ummmmmm----because it's fun to take a certain platform that you love to it's limit?

You get into a platform and you work that platform as hard as you can. People have done that for decades. Your brilliant observations of Ford Mustangs have not shed any new light on this topic.

I love my E90 M3 and I've pushed it to the limit in every way I can. After a lot of time, money, effort and learning, she's a fast car now. Do I need to hear from you that there are plenty of other better track cars right from the factory? Or that an S2000 can be made faster? Or do I need to hear that a Superlite could kick my ass right out of the box? NO THANKS!! I ALREADY KNOW!!! I like my car, and I don't have any desire to drive anything else.

His passion has fueled his desire to successfully push the limits of this platform to new heights----in hot weather, and probably not ideal track surface conditions. You didn't even give him a hint of props. You just came in here and pissed on his accomplishment.

What are you passionate about? I bet we could easily poke holes in your passion if we wanted.
Beautiful perfect ??????????????????
Appreciate 0