Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Carly is boot bro! It's a 1 trick pony. Get a cable and try and mess with the parameters of the cars modules. You would be surprised what the same ole hardware does with different commands put in. BTW I have Carly and paid for the app. The logging tools are nothing new. At best they are the most "compact" option with the "LEAST" control by the end user. Pick options but don't try new ones. Naaaaaah. I heard it qualifies one as a proper coder though.
Your oppinion brother and thats ok. A billion others including me experienced completely the opposite from what you talking about.
Again its cool to have your own oppinion, I like that.
Right on man, same to you. You are entitled to your opinion as well. I'm not trying to come off as a hater to Carly. I've totally messed up ECU's in my own cars going my route. If you used the methods I described instead of the Carly app you would understand. Can Carly change the name of your BMW's Bluetooth label for pairing? Can Carly enable 6VC? Can Carly hook up Internet? Can Carly let you PLAY AROUND WITH YOUR OWN CAR AND EXPERIMENT AT YOUR OWN RISK? No it can't. That's all I'm saying and nothing more. It's a SUPER clever app that does everything for you but lacks certain things that are already capable with older readily available cheaper options out there. I wish I was clever enough to develop this tool.