Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
I'll have to switch back and forth between S5 and S6 next time and see if I notice a difference.

Do you use Euro MDM in the wet? I am tempted to go that route in the wet to avoid the mud though I do dial it back quite a bit in the wet anyway.
My generic understanding about the different shift modes is that as you go to higher "S" numbers, the car up-shifts more aggressively and crisply---shorter duration shifts and and drops the clutch fast, really giving you a kick in the pants on shifts---especially having a blower, and on downshifts, it really chases the rev matching very aggressively on the higher numbers. It really is quite impressive.

Being in SoCal with drought conditions, in the last 4 years, I've had maybe three track days threatened by rain out of 80 days, so I just haven't had any tracking in the rain. And now with all my side windows gone, tracking in the rain doesn't sound like much fun. It's not worth it for me to turn the inside of my car into a lake with all that exposed wiring……
Appreciate 0