View Single Post
      02-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #359
driftflo
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2 F87, M3 E92 & E46, C63, 911

Garage List
drexler does sell/use these springs in this kind of diffs ;-)
i prefer using these drexler springs in my units as well as it makes sense to have the pressure not on the outer edge only. you can see this if you look at the perfectly even wear pattern on all clutches pictured above. but if one wants the pressure on the outside with a "full size" spring, i would have these in stock as well.

by the way: we exchanged 19 emails but you never actually ordered any lsd from me. i was suggesting a drexler unit with 8 clutchpacks for your application and also suggested detailed setup options for your needs.
but finally you seem to have bought this low budget standard 4cp zf unit second hand?!
(but still: everything pictured above looks perfectly fine. but this unit can only perform within its limits because of the limited space inside the core)

so i do not understand your complains about the above unit... and i am still sure a drexler with the setup i suggested to you would have been the better choice for you!

so you complain about a 2nd hand lsd that i did never recommend to you. would make more sense to buy a setup that fits your performance needs next time! buying the cheaper unit does not make sense in any case :-(
this is exactly the reason why i do not sell "off the shelf" stuff but build every unit after i know what a customer expects or how he uses the car. you prove me that i should keep this extra guidance for my customers.
Appreciate 2
slicer2739.00
tsk941522.00