Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
The absurdity is people believing that was the US President's motorcade. The first major clue is the limos with some other country's flags on the front corners. The other major tell is we didn't see "The Beast" Presidential limo that the US President rides in (even overseas).

As someone who has witnessed these motorcades; the other not-so-obvious tell is that motorcade is moving too slowly; and is actually too small! It's truly impressive to see the Secret Service and NYPD perform these motorcades in Manhattan. They clear the way; then send a bunch of vehicles ahead to run through. When President comes through they absolutely do not stop. If you're in the way they're running you over. That's how people get killed in these things occasionally.

Here is one of the many Presidential motorcade videos I found on YouTube. It doesn't even show the entire precession, but you can see the line of vehicles going on and on.
I spent 20 years as an Instructor Trainer at JJRTC and assure you that was a medium convoy. When traveling internationally, the host country flag is displayed on the left stanchion.
You're right; I was mistaken. Upon closer inspection I see The Beast(s) with Old Glory on the right stanchion. That's what I get for posting at the dinner table.

Thank you for the correction!
Attached Images