12-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #60
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I think people talk too much smack when it comes to cars.

I have two M3s. The last thing I want in the whole world is another car that I put in a pedestal and bow to every morning. I do not need another 'sports car' and whatever I buy is not going to shadow the M3 in any way

Hell would freeze over before I buy any ancient relics to turn into a DD. I've put 180k miles (each) on 3 E46s and am not doing that again. I'm not going to spend my weekends which are already consumed tracking, upgrading, repairing and maintaining the 3 E9Xs and X5 working on the DD.

I did consider the current Civic Si (like the LSD) and the current MX5. A quick glance at the forum of the Miata spoke about gearbox issues and I already knew it would require tons of modding to try to turn it into a Mini M3.
Also seriously considered a 230i manual with the MSport package but was dissuaded when a master BMW mechanic said to run away from the N20 engine.

Some friends question why I drive a MCS as a daily but listen, I have nothing to prove. I spend an ridiculous amount of time tracking and in AER... I just want a fun car to drive every day.

I wasn't looking for the non-sunroof but it was a welcome addition. Again, the X5 has a wonderful double sunroof and the rest of the cars do not.

The nav is excellent, it is whichever version of idrive is in 2015 X5s. Not as nice as the G series nav but still excellent. I'm retrofitting the rear view camera which was not optioned and also adding Android Auto and CarPlay to the system which will be pretty awesome.

I did not care for nav when looking at the options (HK sound, LED and heated cloth seats were the options I really wanted) but now I am very happy to have it.

LEDs are standalone

When you look at the BMW service histories you see 2014s have quite a few issues. There was an engine recall for a bearing, then 2015s are much better and 2016s are great!

I paid $18k to have it delivered from Florida. 22k miles. I've already put 6k miles on it after buying late October. Zero issues (to be expected as it's new) and no weird creaks or anything.

If you'll be in NY anytime soon I'll lend it to you so you can get a proper drive in.
As always, you da man. Sounds like our interests in having a commuter are cut from the same cloth. Heated cloth, HK sound, nothing to prove. If you happen to stumble upon another of similar spec, please forward it my way. My intentions are to purchase this year!

I was scheduled to be in upstate next month, but I think I've talked my way out if it. I've done Buffalo in January before. I'll stick to the south, thanks
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11493.00