11-03-2019, 07:28 AM   #68
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
i live in the midwest. all seasons is what i put on my civic and it does fine. my friend has all seasons on his m4 and lives in chicago (pilot sport as3). I had these same tires on my f30 rwd 335. Yes you lose some summer time performance but its not major... you're not going to be blowing the tires off in 2nd gear or anything like that. You get like 90% of the super sport performance, but you gain the ability to drive confidently in the snow and freezing temps... which the pilot super sport isn't going to give you.

yes if you plan on driving in blizzards or 6-8+ inches of snow you probably want a dedicated snow tire. At that point your work is probably going to be cancelled anyway.
I run Pilot Sport AS3 on my Z4 Coupe and Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S on my E90 year round. I've never had a grip issue in any driving season on the street at road speeds that would get me a night in jail and a suspended license; 20 MPH over in Virginia is reckless driving. People make it sound like high-performance All Season tires have no grip in summer (BS) and no winter traction capability (BS).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-04-2019 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 3
Humdizzle6024.00
BMWM5NYC496.00
nabil50.00