View Single Post
      04-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #59
Wes Howell
www.facebook.com/weshowellcreative
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
Not drinking Kool-aid. Just based off my experience in my fathers 2004-2005 and a few buddies who had 2007-2008 Z06s. IMO, Vettes have a lot of great qualities. They look great (without the chrome wheels), perform great and are a good bang for the buck. However, interior fit and finish, is definitely not one of their strong suits. They have a lot of hard plastics and synthetics coupled with off-the-shelf Chevy parts that seem to come from a Cobalt; because of this, they are prone to more creeks and cracks than most cars in their price range.

However, because of their terrible interiors, a few aftermarket manufacturers make interior kits (dash, console, seats) that look amazing, are of high quality and actually provides the Vette with the interior it deserves from the factory.

Just my two cents.

BTW, that new Z06 Carbon in pretty bad-ass! Saw it at the DC carshow earlier in the year and was really impressed ( except for the interior).

SZ
I have to agree. Forums are rampant with speculation...and it's interesting how many people with strong opinions never even owned the car in question....

But back to the point. IMO, The Vette never got it's due credit. It's a supercar period. I owned a Z06 before my M5 and I have to admit that I was pretty shocked at the difference in performance.

Lots of peeps would say..."yeah the vette musta been faster in a straight line" etc

No...the Vette was incredibly faster in ANY situation, especially on a track. Let's get that straight.

I took my M5 to the track one day and the OEM z06 was spanking everything on the track.... 0-60 in first AND 24 MPG on the freeway, place to put several bags of clubs AND a car that an average joe can afford to put 10k a year on......

Fit and finish issues, interior, quality.... all ? marks, yes..... but an amazing car nonetheless.
Appreciate 0